Do you have a bad start to the morning everyday when you get up to fix your breakfast and your small, mundane kitchen is not particularly welcome of you? With utensils cluttered around, crockery piled up clumsily and hardly any space to move around, your small kitchen appears to you as an epitome of small burrow. Well you will discover the joys and ease of having a small kitchen, once you explore the ways in which you can remodel and transform it into the perfect modern kitchen with some modern kitchen design ideas.
It is believed that aestheticism, art and true craftsmanship should never be limited to human expression, their mundane goods and their apparel; it should be an overall lifestyle. And a better lifestyle begins from your home; specifically your kitchen where you brew and sip your morning coffee!
Modern design for kitchen laid great emphasis on compatibility and soothing harmony of the materials used to shape something. You can design a large table out of highly polished wood with the glossiest of glassware, but if the materials are not in harmony with one another; it will fail to give deliver the lush taste of modernity and style the craftsman wishes to deliver. Expensive does not always mean classy. And similarly, small kitchens do not necessarily mean cluttered and unorganized! With the right modern kitchen design ideas, you can have the perfect kitchen you ever wanted. There is a popular misconception that greater space automatically makes the kitchens look more modern, organized or increase the functionality. All are myths. Some of the most modern kitchens are small and compact with the sleekest outlooks ever. Do not be bummed by your smaller kitchen, instead work on making it appear more modern and sleek!
Living in a small living space, inadvertently calls for an even smaller kitchen place. Having smaller kitchens do not mean you have to compromise on the kitchen’s modern style and design. So do you feel you may have to take out the fridge or put away those appliances that take a lot of space? What elements of the decor are better to use in a small kitchen to withstand the style and do not make your kitchen seem cluttered?
If your small kitchens has windows that can do with curtains, that put your kitchen in an advantageous position. Having light, cool colored hued curtains can make your kitchen look spacious and roomy. Larger kitchens can exploit their space and opt for warmer colors for the curtains, as it makes the oversized kitchen look radiant, balanced and inviting.
Okay let’s start from the scratch focusing on the basics to make your small, compact kitchen NOT look cluttered.
- Organization is essential to unlock the dainty, uncluttered kitchen achievement. To eliminate the cluttered look from the kitchen that may provoke claustrophobia in some, keep the counter clean. By clean we mean avoid putting decorative items over it. So all your pots, pans, flowerpots and cutlery need to stay off your shinny counters and tucked away in shelves. The countertops should be kept clean; needless to say and you can afford to put a silver kettle or a statement knife jack to give character to the kitchen.
- Make your kitchen window sills pop! Windows are the most fulfilling way through which natural light can enter the kitchen. Once you have your counters uncluttered, put those lovely flower pots on the window sill. This bestows your kitchen with a neat, fresh look and leaves your counter free of any clutter and this helps you with food preparation. You can experiment growing different types of sun loving plants, colorful plants there. Having the counters clean of any clutter and windows popping with plantations or artificial flower pots will grant your small kitchen a wonderful blend of nature and modernity in harmony.
This other image features empty, neat counters with most of the decoration and souvenirs limited to the shelves and kitchen window sill; automatically giving the kitchen a more warmer yet modern look.
- But how do you save your modern kitchen from the kitchen clutter? Where to accommodate those pots, pans and utensils in a small space of a kitchen if not on the counters or the shelves? This bring small kitchen decorators in a fix, where accommodating all the cutlery, utensils and electrical appliances is a tricky job. A small cabinet usually has very cabinets; shortening the storage places largely. When it comes for order in the kitchen usually all of us are trying to keep it in the highest level. But when you have a good organization and some really cool ideas to stash your crockery, it all gets very neat and easy.
These life-saving small kitchen storage hacks can be very successful in keeping away all the kitchen junk out of sight therefore giving your small kitchen a much uncluttered neat look which inadvertently makes it more liable to embrace modern remodeling.
These very easy storage techniques help you keep your small kitchen clutter undercover, making your kitchen appear modern and sleek.
- Another good idea for a modern kitchen design and keeping it compact is utilizing the walls for storage. Wall-mounted shelves help taking most of the kitchen’s burden leaving your beautiful wine glasses, wine bottles and fruit to be kept on display. Use below metallic shelving that gives your kitchen style and design. The perks of utilizing metallic shelving are that it makes your smaller kitchen look trendier plus taking away all the clutter on its metal shelves.
- One excellent way to make your smaller kitchen seen larger and spacious is incorporating reflective surfaces in your kitchen design. Apart from making the kitchen space look bigger it will also give it a modern, sleek touch. It could be metallic shelving, marble countertops or any countertops that is reflective and fulfills this purpose.
The bouncing light off the reflective surfaces automatically enlarges your kitchen and makes it look neat.